Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Middle Eastern Deserts





Day 2-Syrian Desert

I woke up at 7:00 am and had breakfast, which was some orange juice and a couple energy bars. Then we packed up camp and set out to the Syrian Desert.


6:00 pm


"Are we there yet?" I asked?

"Not for another our," said my dad.


It's a good thing we brought some gas with us or else we would have been stranded by now. We had to fuel up twice already! Oh, and the reason why it's taking so long is because this desert is huge! I read that it was 250,000 square miles! It would have taken two days to get there if there had been a speed limit! I'll bet you my dad has the fastest off-road jeep in the world!


6:55 pm

We're here! Finally! It had taken about 12 hours but we did it, we've reached the boarder between the Rub al-Khali and the Syrian Desrets! Here's some pictures!

















(We passed by some civilization as we traveled!)

















"Sorry, but we're going to have to go home now."

"Whaaat?!"

"Remember, there's a war going on in Iraq, and we are completely cut off from the Zagros mountains. Sorry."

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to tell you about the Zagros mountains as we go back through the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment